The Vet - London
From £43,000 depending on experience
Support allowances available
This is a fantastic opportunity for a dedicated, customer-focused Veterinary Surgeon to join the team at our Waltham Forest surgery.
You’ll be a key member of our surgery’s team, delivering excellence in clinical care and customer service. You’ll be responsible for delivering preventive services, treating sick and injured pets and be able to demonstrate a real passion for promoting pet wellbeing.
A bit about your potential future colleagues. You'll join our team of passionate, highly-skilled Veterinary Surgeons, Veterinary Nurses and front of house staff. Our Senior Veterinary Surgeon has qualifications in small animal medicine and has an interest in soft tissue and ultrasonology. Another Veterinary Surgeon in our team has a passion for medical cases - she has a qualification in critical care and is working towards her certificate in small animal medicine. As well as actively supporting the upskilling of our colleagues, we also pride ourselves on providing a flexible working environment. One of our Senior Veterinary Surgeons currently splits his time working between our Waltham Forest and Morden practices.
Our state-of-the-art Waltham Forest surgery is a large, purpose-built centre with 8 consulting rooms. We provide a nurse consultation service and we're delighted to have recently been awarded silver cat-friendly clinic status from the International Society of Feline Medicine.
We’re part of the UK’s largest, independent, family-owned veterinary group with a nationwide presence. We offer exceptional care in the local communities we serve, helping pets to live long, happy and healthy lives with their families.
Our state-of-the-art surgeries are purpose-built, light and spacious and equipped with the latest technology. We’re committed to creating an environment that offers exceptional clinical care and where our colleagues love to work, our patients are calm and our customers feel assured.
We’re continually investing in developing our growing team and there's never been a better time to join us!
To attract and retain the best talent in the sector, we offer market-leading salaries, flexible work patterns and locations, a generous bonus scheme, opportunities for voluntary work overseas, fully-funded post-grad certificates, quarterly recognition payments and electric company cars.
About the role:
You will provide clinical excellence and first-class care to patients and exceptional, unrivalled, 5-star service to our clients.
In order to deliver this exceptional service and be successful in this post, you will be:
- A first-class Vet with a firm understanding of the importance of a “diagnostic-first” approach.
- An individual who enjoys engaging with clients and their pets and demonstrates excellent verbal and non-verbal communication within a consultative environment.
- Someone who demonstrates a professional, confident and calm approach – inspiring confidence in the clients and team. We’re looking for an individual who is enthusiastic, positive and resilient.
Duties and responsibilities
- Collaborate in a positive and professional manner with the whole surgery team to deliver best patient care whilst adhering to The Vet practice procedures.
- Take clinical direction from the Clinical Director/Head Vet.
- Demonstrate flexibility to share daily tasks and responsibilities among the veterinary team.
- Conduct consultations, investigations and surgical procedures, practicing outstanding first opinion medicine and surgery, with a focus on preventive and diagnostic driven healthcare.
- Adhere to and reinforce compliance to The Vet Practice Procedures Manual, Standard Operating Procedures and Standard Forms.
- Maintain timely, accurate and up-to-date clinical notes for each patient seen.
- Maintain and develop own clinical skills whilst completing CPD requirements.
- Lead by example by consistently demonstrating a caring, professional attitude to customers and patients.
- Intuitively read the customer, patient and the situation to anticipate needs. Influence customers to follow best-practice advice.
- Ensure exceptional clinical standards are upheld; and if anything ever goes wrong, ensure that complaints and concerns are resolved timely, professionally and in line with the values. Escalate matters to the Clinical Director/Head Vet if support is required.
- Communicate promptly and effectively with customers regarding progress of investigations, treatment and follow-up care.
- Ensure that inpatients receive the appropriate clinical care and an effective handover is conducted between colleagues and/or out of hours providers.
- Encourage the use of internal referrals and seek the assistance of appropriate colleagues or advisory bodies to deliver clinical excellence.
- Support the surgery Senior Team and central Leadership Team in promoting the strategic plan and the values of The Vet.
- Demonstrate a commitment to continuous improvement.
- On the request of the Clinical Lead, act as Mentor to colleagues undertaking the graduate scheme.
- Special projects as agreed with the Managing Director.
% ‘Red’, ‘Amber’ and ‘Green’ audits on:
- Clinical notes
- Quality of consults
- Surgery audits
- X-ray quality
- Monthly Veterinary Surgeons’ turnover
- % Follow-up Veterinary Surgeons’ consultations
- Customer complaints
This role is based in a fast-paced environment and we’re looking for an individual who can lead by example.
This position requires strong communication, organisational and time management skills, and a positive mental attitude towards daily tasks and responsibilities. The post holder must demonstrate empathy, kindness and compassion, whilst also being calm and confident under pressure.
This role requires an individual who can demonstrate flexibility and the willingness to provide cover for absences and weekends, if required, which may include working at other surgeries.
The position requires a commitment from the individual to proactively develop their own skills whilst completing CPD in accordance with The Vet and the RCVS requirements.
The Veterinary Surgeon must adhere at all times to The Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons Code of Professional Conduct, as well as health and safety guidelines.
Hours of work will be undertaken to reflect the needs of the business. The nature of this role will require the veterinary surgeon to be active for long periods of time.
Subscribe for Job Alerts
Subscribe to stay current with opportunities with The Pet Vet