Chocolate & Dogs

Our homes can be full of chocolate – especially at Easter & Christmas – and certain types are very toxic to dogs. The darker the chocolate the more dangerous it is.  

One single bar of chocolate (40g) can be potentially harmful to a medium
sized dog.

Symptoms that your pet may have chocolate toxicity can include:

  • Vomiting
  • Diarrhoea
  • Extreme thirst
  • Increased urination

If your dog shows any signs of these symptoms please get in touch with The Pet Vet!

Back to News