Success story - Eric the Dog

This is Eric, a 7 month old puppy who was very poorly when he came to us.  He was lethargic, vomiting and had a painful stomach. We admitted him to our hospital and took some x-rays to see what was going on.

The x-rays showed some abnormalities and a lump could be felt in his abdomen.  He turned out to have swallowed two long pieces of string – one of which was bunched up inside his intestines, causing the lump which could be felt. The other piece had got stuck around his tongue and then swallowed, extending all the way to his intestines. Swallowing string like this is a very serious situation indeed, and can certainly be life-threatening.

This story has a very happy ending though, and after we removed both pieces of string Eric made a full recovery and is now back to his normal bouncy self!

Back to News